What is E-Learning?
Time is of the essence. We understand that not everyone can afford to take time out of the office. Now you can complete your payroll training wherever and whenever it is convenient for you. Offered at a fraction of the cost of traditional classroom training, eLearning is the perfect solution to save you time and money.
eLearning is an online payroll training solution that enables you to complete a training course in your own time from the convenience of your office or home. All you need is a computer with an active internet connection.
Get started with our eBooks
Simply select one of the options below and ensure you are up-to-date on the latest payroll legislation. Get one step closer to completing our Sage Pastel Payroll & HR Administrator Certification.
Introduction to Payroll Administration & Legislation
- The role and responsibilities of the Payroll Administrator
- Confidentiality and security
- Statutory deadlines
- Items forming part of an employee’s payslip
- Retention of payroll documentation
- An overview of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act (BCEA)
- Wage vs Remuneration
- An overview of the Statutory Leave types
- Introduction to the Income Tax Act, more specifically the Fourth and Seventh Schedule to the Income Tax Act
- Unemployment Insurance Fund Act
- Skills Development Act
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act
- Employment Equity Act
Principles of Payroll Tax (generic)
- Understand the application of each of the tax statuses to be able to select the correct tax status for an employee.
- Understand the taxation of various earnings.
- Calculate and process provision for tax on an annual bonus.
- Understand the taxation of various fringe benefits (taxable perks).
- Process the use of motor vehicle.
- Understand the tax deductions.
- Understand the tax treatment for all types of retirement funds.
- Understand the taxation of medical aid.
- Understand the various uses of the tax, additional tax and tax on lump sum deduction lines.
- Understand factors that will influence the tax calculation of an employee.
- Manually calculate tax for an employee using both the normal and average tax calculation.
- Understand the employer’s obligations relating to employees’ tax.
Sage Business Cloud Payroll Added Features
Get to know Payroll better by signing up for our added features online workshop where we’ll cover:
- Importing and exporting employee data.
- Defining your leave set-up and processing leave transactions.
- Defining your ACB set up and creating your electronic bank file.
- Integration between Payroll and Accounting.
- Using Sage Pay to pay your employees.
Duration: Self Study – at your own pace
Sage Pastel Payroll Pro
NB: You’ll need an Internet connection to access this book
Register: Click here to register online
Sage Pastel Payroll Tools
- Getting started with Sage Pastel Payroll
- Setting up your company
- Setting up employees
- Setting up payslips
- Processing your payroll
- Batch transactions
- Defining transaction templates
- Other functionalities in payroll
- General Troubleshooting
- Advantage modules
- Sage Payroll HR