Duration: 5 working days
- Payroll System Administration and parameters.
- Detailed reconciliation procedures including in depth look into VIP Reports.
- Practical application of all procedures in the form of a payroll simulation exercise.
- Introduction to company parameters- Setup of a VIP System can be modified to better suit company requirements including adding and deduction lines and methods of calculation.
- Retirement Funding Income.
- Essential concepts relating to Income Tax act, including taxability of earnings, deductions and fringe benefits.
- Determining employee tax payable through manual tax calculations.
- Time management in the payroll office.
- Leave payments and the BCEA
(Unit 1 and 2 comprise of ample revision and assessment takes place on an ongoing basis. Both units are concluded with a final assessment.)
Unit 2 has been specifically developed to provide you with the tools that you require to reconcile your payroll effectively. Company parameters are also introduced teaching you about modifying the system setup to better work for your company’s needs. Attention is given to the essential concepts relating to the Income Tax Act, including taxability of earnings and deductions, and an introduction to tax calculations.
Theoretical sessions are used to explain more complex calculations, including, tax calculations as applicable to payroll administration, advanced BCEA Remuneration calculations and the detailed explanation of Retirement Funding Income and adjustments. Learners have ample opportunity to practice and revise the theory that has been discussed.
The SAGE VIP Payroll System (Premier) is used for all practical sessions. The course covers some of the more advanced functions of the system that a Payroll Processor or Payroll Administrator needs to understand to be an expert VIP User.
- Grade 12 Mathematics
- Grade 12 English
- Basic computer skills: The learner should have basic/general computer skills. This includes, but is not limited to, being able to use and operate a mouse, basic keyboard functions and basic terminology.
- Unit 1.
Who Should Attend
Anybody interested in starting a career in Payroll Administration can attend this course. This is an ideal opportunity for school leavers, students at tertiary institutions or staff in general administrative or accounting positions to gain more in depth knowledge and experience in the application of payroll, as well as the use of the VIP Payroll System.