18 July - Version 184.108.40.20692
What is in this Sage WageEasy release?
In some instances, if a termination redundancy (Code R) has been paid with additional ETP components (Code O), only one record has been reported in STP. A change has been made to include both in STP reporting.
Do I need to install this Sage WageEasy release?
In instances where termination payment amounts exceed the redundancy tax-free limit, two ETP’s may be paid, Code R for the redundancy and Code O (eg. for payment in lieu of notice, unused sick or RDO leave). Currently, only one record is being reported in STP. This has been corrected in this Sage WageEasy release.
It is important that anyone who is reporting through STP and has processed terminations that include Code O and R ETP’s, upgrade prior to finalising STP reporting for 2018/19, to ensure all ETP records are reported correctly. If you believe you may have been affected, please upgrade.
Following the upgrade, please complete STP Update Event for the employees affected and mark as Final for 2018/19 financial year. No further adjustment to the payroll is required.
There are two installation options available, please click on the relevant link below to download the software.
For standard download, please use the download link below:
For those users with specific environmental constraints, please use the link below after consulting your IT personnel:
Please note this software downloaded is provided in a ZIP file format. For further details upgrading from either the zip file or the new software installer, refer to e-Knowledge Answer Number 827
or perform a keyword search in the online portal using the keyword(s) upgrading, installation
17 June - Version 220.127.116.1191
For our customers processing Australian payroll, this is an important and mandatory release because it includes:
Tax changes for the new financial year, effective 1 July 2019:
- A new tax scale for employees with Study & Training Support Loans (STSL) that replaces existing HELP/TSL/SSL and SFFS scales
- Updated SGL quarterly thresholds, ETP caps and the ETP Lower Cap Amount.
Changes and new features to support STP Reporting:
- New feature – Notifications within the software – updates, news and releases.
- STP Reporting capabilities for all employer’s - mandatory from 1 July 2019
- STP reporting of Employer Additional Superannuation contributions as Superannuation
- STP Update – option to “Zero YTD Values’
- The Pay Event Header has a new column for ATO Gross (excludes Lump Sum D).
- STP Update Warning message that no Pay Events have been reported
- Where an Award or Agreement stipulates a set dollar amount for SG (Superannuation contribution) and in Sage WageEasy you have the contribution setup as Employee Additional Contribution, you can now elect to report this as Super on STP reports
18 Mar - Version 6.1.8032
This release contains important changes related to New Zealand payroll processing, as well as other changes and fixes.
For our customers processing New Zealand payroll, this is a mandatory release:
- New features to support Payday filing, which becomes mandatory from 1 April 2019.
- Termination Tax calculation change for last 4-week period when determining annualized gross.
- Pegg, Sage’s smart assistance chatbot has been relocated with an icon on main screen.
- A change for STP allowance reporting for Award Miscellaneous loadings.
- A change to behavior and new option for allowance deductions around SG threshold and contributions.