Business of all sizes can benefit from using a virtual terminal.
This useful tool allows you to process payment transactions when credit card information is manually entered into the browser. It’s vital your business offers customers convenient, efficient ways to make debit and credit card, and other non-cash payments.
How virtual terminals work
A virtual terminal is the web version of a physical credit card terminal or Point-of-Sale (POS) machine. It's a software application, which is hosted online, usually on the service provider’s servers. It can be conveniently accessed from any internet-connected web browser.
Virtual terminals let you input your customer’s card information straight into an online payment form, which can then be used to process an electronic transaction. Even businesses that accept face-to-face payments will still process these through a virtual terminal to avoid the cost of a card swipe terminal.
What you need to know about Sage virtual terminals
With the Sage virtual terminal, you can easily process debit and credit cards as well as electronic checks online. It provides peace of mind while ensuring prompt payment, increasing the efficiency of billing and collections. What’s more, you can accept swipe cards for in-person transactions, in addition to accepting payments from your customer's checking account.
- Security: Data is safeguarded and stored behind our firewall, rather than on your computer.
- Recurring billing: Set up automatic payments directly from your customers’ bank accounts, or charge their credit cards.
- Electronic check processing: Our virtual terminals process electronic checks, saving you a trip to the bank.
- Cost-effective: Sage virtual terminals require no installation or regular software upgrades.
- Extras: Level 3 processing is available for government, corporate, and purchase cards. As a bonus, e-commerce businesses can get a free shopping cart.