Ultimately, the goal of any HR leader should be to help their company become an “employer of choice” and encourage employee engagement. It’s not easy and doesn’t happen overnight, but your company can build a reputation as an employer of choice. You'll need leadership and vision at the top of the company and active effort from everyone. You'll also need the right HR software or solution. But the reward is worth the effort – employers of choice tend to have more engaged employees and better recruiter results. By starting with a smooth process, you present an attractive first impression for the candidate and make your organization a company of choice for them.
Using HR software to keep your employees happy
By taking a holistic view of employee time and attendance you can track which departments are struggling with people management and where additional support may be required for employees to gain genuine job satisfaction and feel valued by your business.
Using the right human resources software also allows you to plan for any jumps in requirements should there be a spike in demand for your product or service, such as seasonal or new product and services launches.
Finding human resources software that works for your business
You need HR software that works with the other software you depend on, and then enables your business to grow faster and more efficiently.
An ideal HR software program must become part of your everyday tools, and something you use to help you do the best job possible. Most importantly, your human resources software or solution should help you serve employees, who are key to the lasting success of your business.
Human resource management software features
Some popular human resource management features include :
- Set company-wide and manager-cascaded objectives.
- Collect and collate feedback from internal team members and managers as well as external competency assessors.
- Capture recommendations for training, mentoring and development, and create action plans with target dates.
- Configure annual allocation or accrued as worked policies.
- Get visibility of all employee’s attendance and absence through metrics, reporting and dashboards.
- Recruit, select and onboard effortlessly, automatically converting candidates to employees when they join.
- Connect with candidates using social recruitment, multiple job boards posting, Google searches and more.
- Speed up selection and shortlisting with automated résumé parsing, reference checking, interview booking, and aptitude and psychometric testing.
- View talent pools, manage candidate selection, and keep hiring managers informed with alerts.
- Create reports and turn them into charts and dashboards to understand trends and patterns.
- Provide management teams with scheduled reports and updates, so they have the latest information.
Sage Business Cloud People is an example of a human resource management software with these features.