What is a payment gateway?
A payment gateway is a merchant service for online retailers and traditional businesses with an online presence.
It’s how you accept payments from your online customers. A payment gateway is the equivalent of a physical terminal—it accepts and processes payments within a secure environment.
Why does your business need a payment gateway service?
Alternative payment methods (other than debit and credit) will account for up to 59% of all transactions in 2017. It’s a fast-moving world, and your business needs to adapt to reflect these changes. What was a traditional form of payment yesterday is no longer. Payment gateway solutions allow you to offer a variety of payment options, including:
- Virtual terminals
- POS terminals
- Mobile payments
It allows you to keep your business moving
Our cost-effective services help you to concentrate on what’s important, and to keep cash flowing. You need the best payment gateway service for your business, and we’re here to help fuel your business growth.
One solution for all your payment gateway needs:
- Accept any payment: We accept any payment type.
- Fraud prevention tools: Stop fraudsters in their tracks with industry-leading tools.
- Get paid faster: Receive funds into your business bank account within 2 working days.
- Valuable business insight: Our cloud-based reporting tool, Sage Exchange, gives you key information about the health of your business.
- Integrate Sage Accounts: Get paid quickly and efficiently by connecting Sage Payment Solutions and Sage Accounting Products to get invoices paid instantly.