Fastest-growing cloud product in the UK reaches 100,000 subscriptions
Sage’s Real Time Accounting Revolution becomes a reality
Sage, the market leader in Accounts, Payroll and Payments today announces that it has reached its 100,000th Sage One subscription in the UK. Growing numbers of small businesses and accountants are now choosing to manage their accounts in the cloud.
Sage One provides accounting and payroll and can be accessed online and via Apple or Android apps. It was also launched in Brazil, Malaysia and Australia this year with further global expansion planned.
Sage One customers join the other 3 million customers that benefit from Sage’s smart technology products and services every day. This include 54% of UK businesses that pay their people using Sage software. New growth businesses are also taking advantage of Sage Live, an integrated social accounting solution.
Stephen Kelly, Sage Group plc CEO, comments: “Sage One is fast becoming the accounting product of choice for small businesses, with UK subscribers growing at 4,600 per month and many turning to Sage One for its simplicity and our 24/7 customer support.
“Our aim is to support businesses by providing the technology and ecosystem that they need to be successful and to grow. This is one of many milestones that helps us to connect our customers to accountants and partners with real time and intuitive information about their business.
“Sage One is central to our strategy of addressing the white space opportunity of Small & Medium Businesses which are not using any means of accounting software currently.”
This announcement comes as Sage announces its 2015 financial results which has seen the company:
- Achieve organic revenue growth of 6% (FY14: 5%);
- Increase organic recurring revenue by 9% (FY14: 7%), with software subscription the primary driver
- Grow software subscription contracts to 690,000 (FY14: 450,000) and achieve 28% growth in the annualised value of the software subscriber base to £344m (FY14: £268m)
2015 has seen significant progress for Sage as it continues to revolutionise business, and provide the smart technology that its customers need, to support their requirements from start-up, through to international expansion. Highlights include:
- The launch of Sage Live, a real-time integrated accounting solution for entrepreneurs, giving them one source of information so they can look ahead and control their businesses from the palm of their hands. Sage Live was co-created with over 600 partners and customers and a multinational, multi-functional Sage project team to accelerate the product development which took place in 26 weeks
- Partnerships with industry leaders including Salesforce, Microsoft, PWC, Deloitte, Barclays, Telefonica, Google, Constant Contact, Neat and Costco
- Independent Software Vendor (ISV) agreements including Kimble, Fairsail, Xactly, e-Filecabinet, DocuSign and Apptus
- The launch of Sage Impact, a fully customisable online hub developed by Sage in 51 days in partnership with the accounting community. It brings together accounting, financial management, business intelligence, community, and business leads, with complimentary access for accountants and bookkeepers
- The opening of Sage’s Customer Business Centres (CBCs) in Dublin and Atlanta which bring together all teams involved in digital marketing; lead qualification; sales; service and renewals, fostering collaboration and providing a platform for accelerated growth
- The launch of Sage’s Global Partner Program (GPP). This reimagined partner model provides world-class benefits and incentives to partners, supporting new customer acquisition and business growth for its growing Global Product portfolio, including Sage One, Sage Live, Sage Impact and Sage X3.
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs. Sage began as a small business in the UK 30 years ago and over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy. We reinvent and simplify business accounting through brilliant technology, working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers. And as a FTSE 100 business, we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation.
Sage – the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.