The new releases of Sage MicrOpay and WageEasy now include a feature that covers New Zealand payday filing requirements.
How will the process change in my payroll system?
- KiwiSaver export now is replaced by the New and Departing Employee file
- ESCT calculations will be included in the Employment Information file (previously known as the EMS file), as the IR348 and IR345 have been replaced by one file
- The payday file is to be produced after you generate payments for employees
- New Zealand IRD give you up to 2 days from the time you pay employees to submit the file
- The process will be similar to Australian Single Touch Payroll reporting
Will it be a file or will data automatically be generated from the process?
- New Zealand payday filing will produce a file that will be uploaded by the user into IRD’s – myIR area.
What information is in the file?
The data that is currently output in the EMS (IR348) file will include the same information as it does now, with the addition of the following data:
- ESCT (employer superannuation contribution tax) for each employee
- This is currently created by running an IQ and will now be automatically calculated in this new process
- Pay period start and end dates
- Pay cycle, e.g. weekly, monthly
- Pay date
- The new and departing employee data will be output in a separate file in the same process and has additional information such as contact details and date of birth.