“Tell us you’re a small business owner without telling us you’re a small business owner.”
That’s the challenge we set bosses all over the UK and Ireland via TikTok in May 2021, and you smashed it in style – racking up a collective 3.3 billion views.
Your thousands of entries sure told us a lot – how creative you are, the sheer graft you put in, and the many plates you spin to keep on delighting customers and doing what you love, day after day after day.
For everything you do, we salute you.
Our overall winner can be justly proud – and here she is.
Huge congratulations to Megan Louise Mowles of Aurora Hannah Customs, holding the baby and bossing it big time.
A workspace wish list worth £2,000 is all yours!
Top business tips comin’ at ya
Running your own business or dreaming of setting up?
Dive into our Sage Advice resources and get the edge on starting, growing and steering your passion to thrive.
Sound Advice podcast
Need help getting year one in business right? Take a listen to the Sound Advice podcast. Our host, Bex Burn-Callender, speaks to a super line-up of small business stars, who share their stories and offer advice on lots of topics, including how to:
- Boss your business plan
- Start a business with no money
- Find your first customer
- Be tax compliant
And much more…
Here’s a selection of episodes to check out (you can find them all in our Sound Advice podcast hub):
- Autumn Rabbitts: How to start a business with creativity and design at its heart
- Jess Ratty: How a small business can thrive when it loses 40 percent of its work
- Sahar Hashemi: Write a small business plan that works
- Mathew Porter: How to start a side hustle… and make it successful
Sage Advice articles
In the early days of running your business and need some help to boss things? Check out some of our Sage Advice articles:
- Entrepreneurs share top tips for starting a business
- There are 8 types of entrepreneur – but which one are you?
- How to write a business plan
- Directory of resources for small business owners
- How to start a business with no money
- How to manage your finances like a boss
And here’s some advice to help you stay on top of your business admin:
- Cash and accrual accounting: What is the difference?
- Small business administration: Your easy guide to managing your admin
- The ultimate guide to small business accounting and bookkeeping in 2021
Small business toolkit
Get your free guide, business plan template and cash flow forecast template to help you boss your business and achieve your goals.
Never miss an episode
Subscribe by email and get Sound Advice delivered to your inbox every two weeks with the Sage Advice newsletter with a ton of related articles, templates and problem solving guides for small businesses so you can put our sound advice into practice.