The third edition of the ground-breaking Practice of Now report is based on a fresh and exclusive survey of 3,000 accountants worldwide, including here in the UK.
The 2019 research reveals strong evidence of a cultural shift within the industry as it prepares for the coming decade. Recruitment, skills and training, business practices, service offerings and of course technology are all evolving.
Amongst this year’s findings:
- Nearly a third of UK accountants believe Making Tax Digital should’ve been delayed because of Brexit, but the majority believe Brexit won’t impact their practice
- Most accountants worldwide are open to hiring outside traditional backgrounds
- Most agree accountancy training programmes are not enough for the future
- Almost half the firms surveyed have formerly examined their business practices
- Nearly two thirds believe the pace of technological adoption needs to increase
In addition to representing accountancy voices worldwide, this year’s report contains input from industry veterans and experts.