24th November 2021 – Sage, the market leader for cloud business management solutions, today announced the availability of Sage for Accountants, Sage’s newest solution to support UK accountants to work in concert with their clients. In addition, Sage also shared its plans to further unify and digitalise accountants’ practices with one-click access to a suite of tools that will provide UK accountants with a single environment to manage their practice with Sage.
In this era of unprecedented environmental, economic, and technological transformation, virtually every industry is experiencing some form of change. With Making Tax Digital a reality the shift to digital-first accounting is seen as imperative by nearly all accountants – with new Sage research showing 99% of accountants are using some form of digital accounting.
By ensuring accountants are equipped for what’s now, and what’s next, Sage is elevating their work beyond the day-to-day, freeing them up to provide the human touch, as well as free apps and training.
Designed by accountants for accountants, Sage for Accountants removes the friction from practice management by providing onboarding, connected client management and productivity tools, truly digitized data collection and smart reporting, bookkeeping, payroll, and compliance. In addition, Sage will provide training and education on how to start, run and grow a practice, and advise on how to become a value-add service for their clients - enabling accountants to achieve their goals.
“Whilst digitalisation has accelerated, 60% of accountancy firms say they don’t feel confident using their software. The reason? Having digital products isn’t enough, accountants need truly digitised tools and connected, frictionless experiences.” said Neal Watkins, EVP, Small Business Segment, Sage. “Today we have shared our vision for a truly unified and digitalised end-to-end proposal-to-advisory solution. This journey starts today with the availability of Sage for Accountants to UK practices – as we move through the coming 12months accountants will experience the integration of in-house and 3rd party apps that will further bring the experience to life – continuing to free up accountants to deliver their most impactful and fulfilling client experience, elevating their work beyond the day-to-day.”
NEW Sage for Accountants - Proposal to advisory, all in one cloud solution
- Win and onboard clients with GoProposal by Sage to reduce risk:
- Supporting accountants to price consistently, send professional, consistent proposals and produce automated engagement letters that can be sent, signed, and returned electronically.
- Manage clients proactively with Client Management:
- Dynamic Folders enable accountants to group people and entities, as well as services provided to clients, structured together into dynamic folders aligned to practice workflows, with security and permissions for practice management.
- Collaboration tools allow accountants to see client-specific data.
- Get work done for clients, with single sign-on across Sage Accounting, Sage Payroll, and online compliance tools:
- Intuitive user experience and single sign-on allows accountants to easily navigate and manage clients across multiple products from a single view
- Online subscription management enables practices to add new products and manage changes to client’s accounts from within Sage for Accountants with digitally enabled licenses
- All products are MTD for VAT ready, helping to keep clients compliant.
- Supporting practices to advise clients on how to achieve their goals with:
- Multi-dimensional reporting available within Sage Accounting supports accountants with live, tailored reporting and deeper understanding of clients’ financial performance enabling a specialised advisory service (early adopter program)
- View client information across multiple records to get a true understanding of their financial commitments and opportunities
- As well as providing partnership tools and resources including:
- Free Sage Accounting Plus, Sage HR, and Payroll apps for accountants to use to run their practice
- Sage Points allow practices to earn rewards for each new subscription, generating discounts as part of a tiered program
- Simple, transparent pay-per-client pricing, starting at 50% RRP discount, with free tools to do tax and compliance on behalf of their clients.
- Sage Accountant Hub for Marketing support and training badges with self-learning pathways.
What practices using Sage for Accountants say
“Time is a big challenge for me in a busy practice with over 150 Small Businesses, I save 2 hours per week by serving clients through Sage for Accountants. They are all in one place easy to access and it allows me to navigate swiftly between each subscription, from data capture to tax submission.” Sarah Riley Owner - Riley Accountancy
"Sage has made this so easy and intuitive to get going. I didn't need any training and everything I need is at my fingertips." Donna-Leigh Penberthy, My Bookkeepers Online
"Sage has listened to the real-life challenges. The great thing is that Sage has worked with accountants to develop a product for accountants.” Martin Tregonning, Tregonning and Co. Ltd
"This is really exciting from Sage. It's going to revolutionise the way I work with my clients...it's brilliant!" Kerry Herbert, Crook and Herbert Accountants Limited
One-click access to a suite of tools - available through 2022
Built API first, Sage for Accountants will seamlessly connect accountants to their clients with one-click access to native and 3rd party apps including GoProposal by Sage, VAT Centre, and AutoEntry. Fully integrated and accessed with one click from within Sage for Accountants this suite of tools will provide accountants with an end-to-end single environment to manage their practice with Sage.
Following the UK Launch, Sage for Accountants will be available to practices in Ireland and Canada in FY22.
Find out more - sage.com/accountants
This week, Sage also announced banking updates to Sage Accounting - read more here.
 Licenses limited to 50 per firm
Sage exists to knock down barriers so everyone can thrive, starting with the millions of Small and Mid Sized Businesses served by us, our partners and accountants. Customers trust our finance, HR and payroll software to make work and money flow. By digitising business processes and relationships with customers, suppliers, employees, banks and governments, our digital network connects SMBs, removing friction and delivering insights. Knocking down barriers also means we use our time, technology and experience to tackle digital inequality, economic inequality and the climate crisis.