Reduce the stress when the pressure is on with Sage 50cloud Payroll. You can rest assured you're always legislatively compliant and in complete control of your payroll processes, with all of the information and tools you need right at your fingertips.
Get up and running easily
- Download instantly when you buy online
- Straightforward installation
- Easy set-up wizard to get you started
- Simple to use – no need to be, or hire a payroll expert.
- "Show me how" videos to guide you through common tasks
- Connect with Microsoft Office by importing your existing data from a CSV file
- Link your payroll software directly to Sage 50 Accounts and Sage 50 HR and transfer your data in a few simple steps.
- Payroll Onsite Support is available as a standalone feature
Take control of workplace pensions
- Create your personalised action plan based on The Pensions Regulator's best practice, using the pension centre.
- Easily set up your pension with Pension's Fast-Track
- Calculate contributions and understand the cost of Automatic Enrolment to your business
- Optional Pensions Module available (at additional cost)
Manage your payroll
- Process weekly, two-weekly, four-weekly and monthly payrolls.
- Choose from a range of payslip layouts
- Print or email payslips to employees
- Automatically calculate payments and deductions
- Calculate and process employee loans
- Record and calculate holiday pay
- Electronically pay employees using e-banking
- Easily calculate your PAYE and NI liability
- Post salary journals to Sage Accounts software
- Set variances in pay or hours and be alerted when these are reached
- Record and calculate Salary Sacrifice deductions such as childcare vouchers and Cycle to Work scheme.
Keep up to date with payroll legislation
- HMRC recognised software
- Comply with the very latest legislation for the tax year
- Directly submit PAYE data to HMRC online
- Exchange employee data directly with HMRC online
- Automatically calculate statutory sick pay, maternity, paternity and adoption pay.
- Record student loans and attachment of earnings orders
- Record fixed amount or percentage-calculated pension schemes
- Prepare for and manage the impact of the new National Living wage
- Keep records for Class 1A company cars
Pay your employees from directly within your Sage software
Manage salary payments from directly within your software
Significantly reduce payroll admin by automating key stages of the payment process
Reduce the risk of making payment errors
Manage sensitive employee payment information on a secure platform
Store employee records
- Disciplinary records
- Job and salary history
- Written statements of employment
- Attach documents to employee records
Comply with Real Time Information (RTI)
- Automatically send RTI data to HMRC
- RTI Data Health Check tool ensures your data is error-free before you submit it to HMRC.
- RTI Centre with help and support when you need it
- Submissions log lets you view and track the status of HMRC submissions.
Submit to HMRC online
- Send all your submissions to HMRC securely online
- Track forms by status and sender
- Comply with the latest legislation
Manage holidays and absences
- Manage holiday entitlement for individual employees
- Record holidays and absence in days or hours
- Record your own custom absence types
- Automatically record statutory payment absence types such as SMP and SSP.
- Easily and accurately accrue employee holidays
- Automatically calculate payments and deductions for different absence types.
- Calculate payments for sick pay, maternity/paternity, overtime, bonus and pensions.
Analyse your payroll data
- Easily generate payslips, payment summaries, holiday and absence reports and more.
- Quickly print a range of reports in one batch
- Save your favourite reports for quick and easy access.
- Analyse data by cost centre and department
- Create your own reports with the report designer
- Run statutory reports such as P32, P35, P60 and P11
- Help manage your cashflow and future budgets by accurately forecasting your people costs.
Keep your payments accurate and secure
- Easily back up and restore your data
- Roll your data back to correct errors from previous payroll runs
- Apply access rights to restrict users from accessing certain areas of the program.
- Securely store documents, payslips and timesheets in the online services portal.
Use a bespoke solution for your business
General Technical Requirements
- 10GB free disk
- 2GHz processor or higher
- 1Gbps network (minimum 100Mbps)
- 2GB RAM
- All 32-bit and 64-bit variants of the below operating systems with the latest Microsoft Updates and Service Packs.
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Small Business Server 2011
- Windows Server 2008
Engage your people with Employee Cloud Services
Keep your employee data secure, increase productivity and connect to your people with Employee Online Services. With unlimited access to the online portal, employees will have the tools to self-serve and work where they need to, when they want to.
Sage Online Payslips & P60s
- Protect your employees’ personal data by securely transferring their payslips via an online portal within Sage 50cloud Payroll.
- Employees can access their historical payslip information and P60s, with the ability to print and save copies whenever they need them, saving you both admin time and costs.
- Find out more
Sage Online Timesheets
- Works hand in hand with Online Payslips
- Securely transfer your employees’ timesheet data online and allow employees to view and submit their own timesheet information 24/7.
- Securely manage and provide an audit trail for approving timesheets through the manager portal.
- Top up from as little as £3 per month
- Find out more