When you run your own business, it can be difficult to keep your life and business on track. Our free guide offers practical work life balance tips and advice to help you find the right balance between your home life, personal commitments and your career.
Achieving a work life balance can be difficult when you run your own business. The buck stops with you and it can be hard to switch off.
Many people go into business to improve their work life balance and to have more control, seeking a greater independence and freedom in their working life.
But it’s not easy. Our research shows that many small business owners work very long hours – 16% of respondents said they worked more than 60 hours a week.
And thanks to technology, it’s easier than ever to stay connected to your business – making it harder to switch off in the evening and at weekends.
Our guide offers advice and tips to help you balance your work life and home life:
- Is your life off-balance?
- What’s your ideal type of balance?
- What to do when you’re too busy or too quiet
- How technology can hinder… and help
- 10 ways you can improve your work life balance
- Practical advice from business owners and our experts