Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) analyzes past data, current data, and future data to help teams and executives throughout a company make important decisions on a variety of topics and levels, from profit margins and financial health, to company-growth forecasts.
Budget versus actuals (BVA), or what your actual performance is against expectations, is one of many metrics under FP&A. The Corporate Finance Institute lists 10 FP&A responsibilities ranging from preparing budgets to performing variance analysis.
While FP&A roles typically have a similar objective, there are many industry nuances FP&A professionals incorporate into their analyses and projections. For example, financial planning and analysis reports for small and mid-size SaaS companies may be a monthly requirement by their investors.
Sage Intacct has dynamic reporting and budgeting and planning capabilities made to handle the increasingly important needs of FP&A professionals. And, they are seamlessly integrated into its cloud ERP system that has multi-dimensional data collection, analysis functionality, and reports specific to:
- Accountants and CPA Firms
- Biotech and Life Sciences Companies
- Construction and Real Estate Companies
- Financial Services Companies
- Healthcare Companies
- Companies in the Hospitality and Restaurant Industries
- Professional Services Organizations
- Software, Subscription Business Model, and SaaS Companies
- Wholesale and Distribution Companies