Being a mid-sized company is not always a comfortable place to be.
Mid-sized enterprises face the distinct challenge of balancing agility against scale. They may lack sufficient agility to compete against smaller companies that can be more responsive to change, yet at the same time, mid-sized companies don’t benefit from the scale. Scale in larger companies can bring lower marginal costs and access to markets and capital as their larger competitors. In addition, they don’t qualify for the tax breaks afforded to small business.
You can win against the competition through the powerful combination of agility and growth. And you can support and promote agility and growth through an effective, efficient cloud-based business management solution. Here are three ways a cloud-based deployment helps midsized enterprises fuel their growth:
Faster time to value
Cloud solutions speed your return on investment by minimizing up-front infrastructure costs and requiring minimal IT resources. In fact, a recent study conducted by the Forrester Group found companies can benefit from a 177% return on investment in as quick as five months. You can quickly bring multiple sites online, and reduce the demands on your in-house teams, freeing their resources for value-adding tasks.
- Rapid multi-site deployment, easy updates, minimal IT resources
- Fast and efficient business processes in a single, end to end solution
- Workflow automation and alerts speed and simplify tasks
Cloud-based solutions can be simple to use and maintain
A cloud deployment model leads to simpler software management. Updates are made centrally and backups are handled automatically. New users can be brought on board instantly, and the solution is accessible from anywhere and from any device.
- Integrates all processes – end to end
- Role-based processes and personalization by user speeds adoption
- Mobile access provides functionality on demand
Flexible, adaptable, and scalable
Cloud-based solutions can be highly flexible and adaptable and are inherently scalable, allowing organizations to focus on growth activities without worrying about their business management solution.
- Adapts to many industry-specific processes
- Flexible data model with multi-legislation, multi-company, multiple chart of accounts
- Scalable capacity from dozens to hundreds of users
- Flexible integration of third-party applications
In short, cloud ERP helps midsized enterprises grow faster, without the complexity and cost of conventional ERP system.
Recommended Next Read
Customer-centric business growth: KPIs for SaaS CFOs