As a Sage customer it’s never been easier to work remotely and empower your business and customers through cloud-based technology. We’ve put together a list of tools and helpful tips to keep your business on track during challenging times.
Setting up your remote workstation
If you’re setting up your remote workstation for the first time, there are a couple of technical steps you might need to take care of before you get started.
Connecting to a Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Setting up a Virtual Private Network (VPN) allows for employees to access their work computer remotely and securely through Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).
This option can be particularly useful as it would allow employees to access all their files remotely in addition to their Sage program and data.
We recommend working with your IT technician for assistance with the setup.
Setting up your remote employees for success
Thanks to technology it’s quite easy for you or your employees to get set up at home. Here’s a handy checklist to keep in mind to help you prepare.
- Put together a call sheet with the contact details of every staff member.
- Ensure each staff member has the correct software and equipment to work from home.
- Make sure you have a chat client such as Microsoft Teams or Skype for everyone to communicate and share files seamlessly.
- Write up an instruction manual to help users connect to the company network.
- Do a dry run to make sure no one has any connection issues when the policy is implemented.
- Make one staff member responsible for letting employees know you are implementing the work from home policy.
- If you have any advance notice that you might have to implement the policy, ask your employees to bring their devices home each night as a precaution.
- Why not go one step further and start a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy in your workplace.
- Send an email daily to your stakeholders, informing them of any updates or challenges to the company’s ecosystem. For example supply chain rerouting of a customer, advice from government or professional bodies and when working from the office will resume.
Strong technology roots and good communication processes mean your business can continue to operate effectively even when working remotely.
Couple this with a supportive flexible-working culture, which empowers and enables colleagues to make the right decisions, and you’ll be on your way to business as usual.
Cloud connected tools
With Sage 50 you can utilize the following tools to maintain productivity and stay in contact with your partners or employees, regardless if you are working at home or in your office.
No more manual data entry of invoices, receipts, bills, or statements. Sage 50cloud integrates with AutoEntry so you can pull in data and documents, including receipts, automatically!
Automated bank feeds
Simplify your processes with automated bank feeds. These establish a secure online connection with your bank, where real-time transaction data is accurate and can be easily downloaded.
Sage 50 seamlessly integrates with Stripe and PayPal to give you more ways to get paid. You will be able to invoice your customers by email and include a “Pay Now” button that your customers can use to pay you with a card. Payments are securely processed online and deposited directly to your bank account.
Sage Security Shield
Nearly 70% of small and medium-sized businesses are cyberattack victims. That’s why Sage partnered with Sontiq to provide Security Shield for Sage 50cloud customer. Security Shield is an industry-first security suite that empowers businesses to quickly take control of their business identity protection. It’s included at no additional cost with your Sage 50cloud subscription.
Whether you’re working from the office or from home, our support team is there to help you. Please refer to this link for support information.
Sage 20 for 20 Accountant Accelerator Program
Designed by and for accountants like you, Sage 20 for 20 provides technology solutions and essential resources to help accountants grow and scale their practice.